About This Blog

This blog is about Homeschooling. It's not just about our family's adventures in homeschooling but will also include my thoughts and views on homeschooling overall. I feel that those who choose to homeschool tend to get a lot of negative feed. I am choosing to use this format to shine a positive light on what it's truly all about and what a homeschool family's life is really like. We do not sit around all day eatting bon-bons and watching tv, while our children run amok. Nor does every homeschool mom wear denim jumpers and buns. Not to mention, homeschoolers do not lock their children away from the real world. Nor are they not socialized. Just the opposite.

Monday, February 17, 2014

No, she doesn't live here either.

No, I am not a Super Mom!  Never have been, never will be. I have never claimed to be or want to be. I just want to do what is best for my family and sometimes it does ends up blowing up in my face. I do try to over stuff  my life "plate" with to much of this and that at times. There are times that it doesn't go well and I can't pull it off. My arch nemesis is myself, as I have the inability to say a simple word "No!". I love to help people, to make people smile, to do what I can for everyone I know.
My kitchen sink has dishes in it (unless my DH attacks them, which he's the one that mainly does). I have a mountain of laundry to wash and another mountain of it to fold and put away. I must admit I usually need at least a weeks notice to get the place some what in order to have friends over (we're working on this issues currently and seem to have it more under control)......and well, that stinks when you want to call someone up last minute and invite them over for coffee.
I love to cook and bake but don't always have the time, there are times that we eat out (sometimes a little bit more than we should some weeks). We've learned to be adaptable to however our school day unfolds. Sometimes all goes as plan and we're done, on a rare day it's marvelous and we've excelled with time left to spare, but most days it's grumbles, mumbles, grasping at straws, pulling teeth and trying to relate to a 10yr old that we need to stay on track so we can accomplish all of our goals by the time that Dad (a.k.a the principle and upper school administration) get home. If we're not done then it's detention with Dad until it's done.
So the next time you talk to someone and find out that they are a homeschooling family, you'll know that they aren't as put together as you might believe they are. We aren't Super Mom, nor are we trying to be. We have the sinks full of dishes, mounds of laundry, floors that still need to be swept and mop and the list goes on. Our children are not always clean, they are a little rambunctious from time to time, we experience melts down (the kids and our own), and we know that neither ourselves or our families are perfect. There are calls to the principle (sometimes multiples through out the day), there are time outs (usually for mom). We're just with our kids 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year because we choose to be because we believe that is what is best for our families. We're just like the majority of Moms out there, we're striving to do what we feel is best for our family and doing it with all the love in our hearts that we have and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment